mandag den 5. oktober 2009

Introduction

So, after a while, with bloggers from all over the country / world, I've realized that what most fashion bloggers blog about, is themselves. Which is, fine, I guess. 
After reading the newest issue of COVER (danish magazine), and reading a very interesting article, with one of my favorite fashionjournalists, I finally came to the conclusion, in which I've searched for, in my search for 'true fashion' - and the meaning that word holds. Fashion is not about, in my mind, showing your face, or how fantastic you are, it is not about getting famous, or getting invited to all the great parties or launches, fashion, in my mind, is the pure art - the clothes. When really thinking about it, fashion is an expression, clothing is a subliminal language that communicates how you want to be perceived. So FUCK what your face looks like, when thinking about a model that 'struts' down the catwalk, do you really look at her/his face? Is that where your criticsm goes? 
Jean Paul Gaultier once did a catwalk where a stick-thin anorectic model walked, and the critics were outrageous, however, his response was, it's an art, and that is how I wanted 'my picture' to be seen.
Yes I understand, that this picture gives girls the idea that they have to be freaking stick-thin in order to look like what JPG wanted them to look like, but that wasn't the reason behind, it was a piece of art, where bottom-line was, the haute-couture clothes, NOT the face!
Lotte Freddie (one of the oldest fashionjournalists from Denmark) said that blogging these days is more about getting famous, or getting recognized, and she finds this disgusting. I agree!

So here's my contribution. Fashion in all its senses, from the little ones who so clearly stands out, who are not afraid to stand out, despite their surroundings opinions - fashion that does not have a face, but fashion that is dedicated to what it really is, the art of clothing! 

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar