tirsdag den 17. november 2009

Rasmus Krath


As a true magazine-nerd, I get almost every danish fashion magazine thru my door each month. And the magazines that seems to draw most of my attention are not the fashion-ones neither the ones for fashionable women, they're the ones for men. In my long journey looking for interesting reading material, I find that magazines for women are so humiliating for women, it's either, "how to drop ten pounds in one week", "do this, and he'll like you" or "look, the biker-chick look is back." Also, they only have female models on their front-page, whereas most magazines for men, have a personality, someone you know thru the media, or someone you can relate to in one way or the other, on the front-page. The journalism in these women-magazines is boring, there are never any interesting stories about how 'dangerous' a certain lifestyle can be, it feels as if the people behind these magazines are creating a cinderella-story behind their readers' eyes, instead of mixing reality with dreams. Maybe I'm completely wrong, maybe most women urge for an hour on the couch, dreaming about a pair of Choos that costs 10.000 DKR? I don't know... However, what I do know is that I was so extremely inspired about the article in newest version of EUROMAN (december 2009 issue), about a young man named Rasmus Krath, who has devoted his life to travelling. Not to bounty-islands, but to the places in the world that are so broken by actions made by human-beings.
I find myself sitting in front of my computer, wondering why I wonder about what pair of new boots I want, instead of saying FUCK that, that is most certainly NOT what life is about..! Rasmus Krath, I am a fan!!

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar